Wednesday 23 February 2011

I got an Award!

I won a Stylish Blogger award! I was awarded this by the lovely Lucy of Tricky Seams (which by the way, I love the name of! I'm terrible at naming things). I'm so excited!! :D Thank you so much Lucy!!!
I'm so excited, like a child on Christmas day kind of excited! So according to the rules, I have to tell you seven things about myself that you don't know!

1. I have a polaroid camera, and 2 other film cameras. I love shooting film. Some people hate waiting to finish a film so they can have it developed, but for me this is part of the fun! The not knowing if your pictures will even come out is exciting! My latest camera is the Pentax P3 from the 80s, an early birthday present from Dom. Now I'm learning all about aperture and shutter speed and all sorts of interesting things! My other film camera is a Diana Mini, which really is quite mini!
2. In secondary school I was put in isolation for having pink hair. Yep, that's right, pink hair of all things. The first and last black mark on my school record *sigh* I had to dye it out before I was allowed back to school. How ridiculous. The worst thing was the school ran a monthly magazine, and in the next edition there was a picture on the front cover of a group of students. Smack bang in the middle was a girl with red streaks in her hair! As you can imagine I was most displeased.
3. I have a record player. Well, actually its Doms too, as we bought it together. I have a few favourite records, including Buddy Holly and Elvis Presley. I love listening to records :)
4. I like to solder. As in, with a soldering iron. I don't know much about electronics though, so I like the kits from places like Maplin. These kits have all the pieces and instructions that you need to make something cool! I've made this one before :)
5. I have no rhythm. I can't dance to save my life. At all. We have Dance Central on the Kinect, but I find it really difficult to keep in time with it.
6. I am very clumsy.Very very. So much so that Dom calls me 'whoops'. Yesterday I managed to knock the hot iron off the counter. Luckily it missed me and landed on it side so the floor wasn't scorched or anything and it isn't broken.
7. I like to act. I just haven't for a long time. I took A-level drama, and for my exam piece, I played Eliza from Pygmalion (or My fair lady if you've seen the film). I was in a group of four with people that I liked so I enjoyed it alot. The day before we were to perform for the examiner, we had a dress rehearsal for the rest of the class. We were shouted off the stage by our drama teacher telling us to get off the stage and go and do some work! (we had messed up our lines which put us off track). This was terrible as we all loved our teacher and didn't want to disapoint her :( For the next 24 hours we worked like crazy. I got an A for my performance in the end. Our teacher was so proud :)

And I get to pass the award to 7 other people :) This was so difficult, I've tried to choose people who haven't received this award before, so they can be excited too :)
Jenny from Chronically Uncool
JuliaB from House of Marmalade
Shannon from Hungry Zombie Couture
Oblibby from Oodles of Obliciousness
Debi from My Happy Sewing Place
Lady Cherry from Lady Cherry Loves
Karen from Did you make that?

Done! :) That was fun, thanks again Lucy! :D
Jellybean x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley, thank you for the award! I'm having a think on how to present the 7 things as l need to top last time! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome :) Ooh, I can't wait to read your 7 things, its my favourite thing about these award things :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...