Thursday 10 March 2011

Knitted cable bag

I thought you might like to see my progress on a knitted cable bag! This is project #7 in the Knitty Gritty book. Now you might be wondering what happened to the zig-zag scarf? Well, quite frankly there's only so much decreasing and increasing that I can take! I might finish it, or I might not. I haven't decided. So for now I'm working on the bag. Knitty Gritty suggests making it as a project bag or an evening bag (the evening bag is half the size of the project bag). I thought a project bag was a great idea, as I'm forever losing the bits and bobs that I need.
Now it might just be because I knitted it, but doesn't that cabling look impressive? :D Its actually ridiculously simple! So if you're a beginner like me and have been scared off by how complicated the finished cabling looks, I recommend you give it a try! It is currently 12cm long. Knitty Gritty suggests 60cm for the project bag! It's going to take a while! But each row is different, so it helps keep me interested :)
You might also be wondering about my Sencha blouse? I'm hoping to do an update tonight or tomorrow :)
Jellybean x

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished article. I've been knitting a cardi for my friend's son's birthday for about a year now - pity it will be far too small for him now - will try to get it finished for my nephew's first birthday in July though ;)

    Lisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, sounds like a plan! :D
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...