Saturday 19 March 2011

Simple slip

When I first wore my Beignet skirt I encountered a problem. The fabric I had lined it with wasn't slippy, so when I wore it with my woollen tights the lining rode up at the back which in turn pulled up the front! Most embarrassing! So I decided it was finally time to use Gertie's tutorial for a vintage inspired half slip!
I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm hoping it'll help. It'll also come in handy for unlined skirts. Ooh, I'm looking forward to summer!! :D
Here are some close ups:
The lace peeks out at the bottom.
I attached the lace at the same time as finishing the hem.
I made this last night in about an hour and a half. So a nice quick and easy project! I'll let you know if it helps with the skirt riding up thing :)
Jellybean x

2 comments:

  1. Very glamourous!

    Yes - hopefully it'll help. I lined my black (ponte roma) skirt in anti-static polyester. Not nice stuff to work with, but I figured that the riding up look is not a good one so I stuck it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) Its awful stuff to work with, my machine doesn't like it at all! But I got there in the end. It might get a bit warm for summer though, so I'm thinking of doing one or two in silk habotai (when I can find some cheap!). I think making slips out of silk is a better option for me, as I can't afford to line everything in silk! At least slips can be worn with everything that needs it :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...