Friday 22 April 2011

Birdie Blouse - Progress

That's the most progress I've made on a project in one day in ages! This morning the shoulder seams and side seams of the top bodice bit were sewn and that was it. Now it recognisable as a blouse! :) As you can see from the back view I've got as far as putting in one facing. So there is just the other facing, the collar, and the hem to do! Oh and of course the buttonholes and buttons, wouldn't want to forget those! Might be slightly embarrassing! lol
I had to include a close-up of the sleeves so you could see those cuffs! I'm so proud of them :) They seemed to take ages as there was lots of pressing and hand sewing, but it was definitely worth it! The sleeve roll was so handy for pressing them, I'm glad I bought it already :)
Ashley x
ps. I'd also like to welcome my new followers! :) I appreciate every single one of you! 

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, doesn't the bird print look fab!! And you should be proud of those cuffs they look very professional!!

    Where did you get your tailors hams from? I'm thinking I need some now - you're a bad influence!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I keep looking at them, and thinking 'I made those!' lol!
    I got them from Sew Direct for about £15 for both!! They were the cheapest I could find, and do the job just fine :) They are really useful, you'll get your moneys worth :) Haha, lots of sewing bloggers are bad influences on me too! :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same tailors hams as you.

    I love this blouse, what pattern are you using?
    And the cuffs really do look like they were made by the pros.
    I have a really similar bird print in a different colorway that's been sitting in my stash. I think it's destined to be a cute little top, after seeing how your's is turning out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found the pattern number :) Thank you! :) I think it's great as a blouse, as it can be worn in summer, and in winter to brighten up a dull outfit! That's definitely something I need to work on - getting colours into my winter wardrobe. Blouses could be the way forward! :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got given those exact pressing hams a few weeks ago as a late birthday present! Definitely worth having.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! :) I can't believe how much I've used them already!
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking good - I love that fabric. such a cute shirt xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very cool fabric to make a blouse from! Nice work so far, can't wait to see it finished! Great job! Sam xox p.s How great are tailors hams!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you :) They've made pressing so much easier! It used to the dreaded part of sewing, but now I don't mind it!
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...