Friday 8 April 2011

Evening gown - Finished!

Hurray! I finished it yesterday, just in time too the ball is tonight! I'm really happy with it, and am amazed I managed it. I've never done anything like this before, as although it is quite a simple pattern Becky wanted a new back variation. I only ever really bother with fitting alterations and so far those have been minor. However, what with the back variation and the FBA on this dress, it required lots of time and effort. It's definitely the most 'intensive' thing I've made so far (although Ebony's princess dress required a lot of hand sewing, it didn't really take that long and was simple to do). I hand-picked the zipper and catch stitched the hem in place. I prefer hand-picking zippers as I've never managed one by machine before and certainly wasn't going to risk it on this dress! The sash was slip-stitched in place, while Becky had to stand still and straight in her heels! We both had to stop for breaks to sit down, as Becky's feet hurt and my back hurt from bending over to the sash. We were both glad when it was done. Now, I just feel relieved that its over and I can mess all I like on my own projects again! lol. I can't quite relax yet though, I've got a research report in for Wednesday, and have only just started today! Oops!
Anyway, on to the photo's! The lovely lady in the red is a friend of ours, Leanne :)
Font view
Back view. Those pesky straps were tucked in after this photo, but I didn't get any other back shots.
I think this is my favourite photo! She looks so pretty, and it really shows off the shaping on her hips :)
Becky and Leanne
Yeah, I don't know what they're doing either! Perhaps Leanne is showing off her matching shoes and handbag?
Stupid shadow!

And more shadow. . .
Phew, I'm so glad its done, and that she's happy with it! :D
On another note, I bought some fabric today! I'll take photos tomorrow :)
Jellybean x

10 comments:

  1. WOW! Great job!!! It's soooo pretty! I absolutely adore the back! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great, it must be such an achievement to make such a beautiful gown! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I love the little bow at the back :) Yep, I still can't believe I did it!
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ashley, this is great. I love all the detail on the back, it looks really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :) It took forever to get the bow a nice size! lol
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks great!! You should be super proud of yourself!!

    And isn't Becky just gorgeous?!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! :D She really is, but hates looking at photos of herself!
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dress hun, such a lovely colour too :) great job xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty dress. Congratulations! I do have to say that my 15 year old daughter is practically a clone of your friend Becky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...