Saturday 9 April 2011

Fabric purchases!


I just so happened to have a quick browse at the fabric stall at the indoor market on Thursday, and what did I see? That they had some adorable new prints in! I only ever really have a browse, as usually there's only ever polycottons or 100% poly and I much prefer 100% cotton (ok, I'm a cotton snob! But I have a good reason, polyester makes me sweat. Very ladylike I know). So I was just looking really when the lady came to ask if I needed help, turned out they were 100% cotton! This clinched it, I wanted them! They were £4.50 a metre too, not bad for cottons with cute prints :) They're both going to be summer dresses! I'm currently putting together a post with photos of all of my fabric (only 6 pieces, but that's practically a massive stash for me!) along with the pattern I plan on using with it. This is both for my benefit as it helps me plan ahead and actually remember what I've decided, and also for your benefit because if you're anything like me, you're nosy! :) 
I hoping to get a bit of sewing done tonight. Remember this post? Well, I dropped it so I could work on Becky's dress. I'd got as far as having the pieces cut, and the front sewn together. So onwards!
Ashley x

4 comments:

  1. The internet ate my comment. Bwargh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, stupid internet! lol Our internet was playing up yesterday, I wouldn't usually mind as it doesn't happen very often, but yesterday I wanted to start an essay thats in for wednesday. And of course the files I needed were online! Grr!! I went to the uni library and put the files on a pen drive thingy instead. I should have done that ages ago really. Ah well. Nearly finished it now! :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love the Baboushka print!! I wish we had fabric on the markets down here!!

    After losing my clothes-making mojo I have made a maxi dress this week, my first jersey garment - I'm quite pleased with it and yay, it was actually flattering on!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its the only affordable place in Lincoln that I know of! Of course theres CallyCo up the hill but its all designer, so expensive.
    Ooh, I can't wait to see it! Well done you for tackling jersey! I still daren't :S I always thought the long maxi dresses would make me look shorter, but after draping some fabric over myself to see the drape, OH said it would look lovely as a long dress and actually made me look taller! Might have to give one a go :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...