Monday 11 April 2011

Look, I have a sewing shelf!

Yay, finally a place for me to put my machine that's easy to get to! A shelf might not sound like much, but at the moment we live in a studio apartment. The only real storage space is the floor to ceiling wardrobe or under the bed. When my machine was under the bed, it was annoying to get out from under there. Then we managed to clear a space at the top of the wardrobe. However, every time I tried to get it out I nearly dropped it on myself as the shelf was so damn high. So last weekend, we had a massive clear out and tidy up, and Dom cleared this shelf in the wardrobe for me! It just the right height for me to get to it easily, and I now have a place for fabric too! My patterns are in a folder under the bed, but easy to get to, and everything else is in two boxes at the top of the wardrobe. Boxes are easier for me to get down that my machine was :) I also have a little box that I put everything I'm currently using for a project in, so my scissors, thread, buttons or the zip, the pattern instructions etc. that lives on the counter where I sew. It's really nice to finally have proper places for everything. Perhaps now I won't lose what I need :)
Ashley x

2 comments:

  1. hello and good luck with all your making. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Hopefully having everything organised will speed up the sewing!
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...