Thursday 19 May 2011

My first Swap!

I just received my first swap package! My swap partner was Sarah from ShabbyChicSarah, and you can see what I sent her here :) (there'll be some photo's of the things I made in a minute) If you haven't visited Sarah's blog before, you should! Sarah always has something interesting to share, from sewing to gardeing to crochet :)
Now, I was so excited to open my package that I forgot to take a picture of the lovely wrapping!! Everything was wrapped beautifully :)
Lovely patterns, a wonderful book on crochet, lovely lip gloss that smells good enough to eat, a beautifully made pin cushion and needle book (which I promptly filled with all the needles I could find because I always lose them and they end up in the bottom of Dom's foot) and the most amazing crochet earring I have ever seen!! They deserve a close up:
Wow! The first thing Dom said when he saw them was 'wow, they're so intricate!', he was as impressed as I am :) There was also a packet of Fox's 'Ambers' biscuits which were eaten pretty sharpish with a cuppa while I read the beginning chapters of the crochet book. Crochet is something that I have tried a few times to learn and only ever got as far as granny squares. I would love to be able to crochet some beautiful earrings like the ones above, but for now I'd be happy with just being able to do a simple swatch. I've never been to do this before, but look:
I managed single, double and triple crochet!! I've never been able to do that before!! :D Though I managed to gain a couple of stitches so it got wider! lol
So a massive thank you to Sarah!!! Thank you so much, I can't wait to get stuck into the book properly, and everything else will get much love and use :)
Here are some closeups of the things I made for Sarah:
Knitted lavender cushion, in basketweave.

This one is knitted in moss stitch pattern.




I love making little things! It's so nice to have a project finished in an hour or so. I'll definitely be making more little purses and bags for myself :)
Thanks again Sarah, I really enjoyed putting a package together :) For the next couple of weeks though, I'll be revising for my exams :( I should hopefully have a Crescent skirt update for you all though soon!
Ashley x
ps. Don't forget to enter my giveaway, it ends tomorrow night!

6 comments:

  1. wow i love those earings, they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm gonna need it, cognitive psychology is *hard*!
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth did I miss this post?

    You are of course more than welcome, I am just glad you liked everything - I was just as delighted with the lovely goodies you sent me.

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I've managed to miss posts before but I use google reader so no idea how I've managed it! lol
    Glad you liked your package :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...