Friday 27 May 2011

Rainbow yarn


I love this yarn, so pretty and colourful! So in your face and bright :) I went to Spins and Needles today to pay the deposit for my knitting class, and as I've worked pretty hard on revision I decided to treat myself. At Spins and Needles part of one wall is devoted to big chunky hanks of lovely yarn, all with a different set of colours. I've been eyeing them up for a while, so decided to go with one of these. I bought two hanks for a chunky winter scarf as advised by the lovely lady who I assume is the owner. It's Colinette 'One Zero' in the colour way Jamboree which you can get from Colinette here as Spins and Needles don't sell online. It'll brighten up a dull winter day nicely :)
I had my second of three exams this morning too. It was an open book exam so we were allowed to take a textbook and all of our notes. This might make it seem easy, but it was a research skills exam so we had to actually interpret the results not just work them out. I actually enjoyed it as I love working through the rules/instructions for filling in tables etc. I think that's why I like sewing and knitting so much. I like structure and rules and a particular order to do things in. I love doing the statistics part of research skills, as I enjoy working my way through an equation to get to the result. Am I weird? lol
Ashley x
ps. This is my 100th post!!! I'd hoped to have something more interesting to share, but time ran away from me.

5 comments:

  1. Totally with you on the love of structure/ rules/ equations :-) Not that that'll be a big surprise!

    Glad the exam went well, and that yesterday's went OK. One more! Only one more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely yarn!!

    Maybe that's why I came to sewing late and am yet to master knitting as I am hopeless at working out equations/statistics and maths in general....

    Have a lovely weekend!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I thought you'd be one of the few who'd agree with me Lucy! :)
    I'm rubbish at the rest of maths Sarah, I can only do the stats on my course because of the excellent lecture slides and work books that we're given by our lecturers :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looky at your lovely new blog design - it looks very professional! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :) I love purple so of course it had to be my colour scheme!
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...