Thursday 24 November 2011

Pendrell Dress - part 5

Ta daa!! I fixed the fitting issues that I was grumping about, and the fit is much better! I'll probably do a sway back adjustment to the tissue for next time, but it's not major thankfully. Definitely needs a slip underneath with my thick woolly tights though. I finished the seams, and I found a new stitch on my machine for finishing the seams that I prefer to the old one I was using. Yay! And as you can see, I've added cute little capped sleeves! I love capped sleeves, I nabbed these ones from another pattern I have. They really change the whole dress, I was worrying it looked a bit frumpy but the sleeves really help. 
Next up is a white peter pan collar. I'm hoping this will really banish the 'frumpy' :)
Ashley x
p.s. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it! And to those who don't, I'm sure we can all think of something to be thankful for :) 

7 comments:

  1. The Strawberry print is so cute! Can't wait to see what this looks like finished and complete with Peter Pan collar, I'm considering making a Pendrell tunic myself (or at least adding it to the very long list of things I would like to make...!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberries and a Peter Pan collar? I look forward to seeing you model this - it is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both :) I'm really looking forward to seeing it with the Peter Pan collar, I love them! And the strawberry print, I'm often drawn to them :)
    Ooh, yes Kat go for it!
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, well done you for customizing this pattern. Can't wait to see you in it, with the peter pan collar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is looking good! I like the sleeves. They add a lot to the overall look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking good, and I don;t think it could be frumpy in that print.

    And besides, if it still feels a tad "old" for you, just an your DM's and call it granny chic!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks :) I'm definitely veering towards granny chic with this one I think ;) My DM's should certainly help though! :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...