Tuesday 20 December 2011

Stollen and the last one

It was delicious! I even got Dom's approval with 'You can make this again'! The icing was a lovely touch,  the recipe had you make it with lemon juice instead of water. I'd have never thought to do this, but I'll definitely be doing it again. It would also be lovely on cupcakes too. It disappeared pretty quick too!
As for the last one? The last Christmas present of course!
This is for my sister India, it's the same as Ebony's but in India's favourite colour :) Yep, she's a tomboy. Ebony has always wanted to be like me, whereas India has always wanted to be like her brothers. Ebony has also showed more of an interest in sewing. Mum bought them some little sewing kits, you know the kind, bits of felt with the holes already punched through? Well, I expected India to catch on more quickly as she's older. Nope! Ebony caught on quicker and got tangled less than India! India quickly lost interest so I finished it for her. I love the differences in their personalities, so cute :)
We also made gingerbread yesterday :) We don't have a gingerbread man cutter though, so we just did little round biscuits. Yum! It was another of Delia's recipes and worked perfectly.
Oh, and I'm going home tomorrow!! Woohoo!! I haven't been home since September so I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone :)
Ashley x

3 comments:

  1. Is it a bit like fruit cake? Looks good. As does Indias gift. Hope you have a merry Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of, it's more of a fruit bread than a fruit cake. Not as rich as fruit cake is. Yum!
    Thanks, Merry Christmas to you too! :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look yummy! I made some Orange and Pistachio Stollen bars from and recipie in The Guardian...they were delicious! I hope you have a lovely Christmas with your family :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...