Sunday 15 January 2012

Rose Gold and an Icing Swirl


I finally got round to blocking it. The top photo shows the detail better, but the second photo shows the colour better :) I love this hat, and I can't wait to wear it! My Ravelry project page is here, all the details are there is you want them :)
I'm not sure where the last two weeks has gone! I've been around on twitter, but nothing has been blog worthy. We've just been taking it easy, and Dom got the new xbox game Skyrim so I've been watching him play that and following along with the story. I'm enjoying it so far, it's got dragons in it so what's not to like? ;) And if you think it's weird that I like to watch him play a game, then this proves I'm not the only one! I was so surprised by this post, but I feel exactly the same way :)
I started and finished another hat on Friday too! It's the Icing Swirl hat by Ysolda and it's knitted from Melange Chunky on 6.5mm needles which is why it only took me a day to knit :) My project page is here. Here's a couple of photo's of it blocking on a balloon:

Because of how thick the yarn is, it should be really warm :) It's suddenly got really cold the past couple of days, so I can't wait for these hats to dry properly. It's so frosty in the mornings, it looks like a thin layer of snow!
Hopefully it won't be another two weeks before I post again this time :)
Ashley x

13 comments:

  1. Wow - those hats are really pretty - the colours are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The knit patterns are just gorgeous! And I love that gold color. Both your color choices radiate warmth, which is just the thing for a winter hat!

    I'm also jealous because I dug out my knit hat (made by a friend) yesterday to pack it for my trip to the UK, and it was full of moth holes -- waaah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great knits - i especially love the pattern on the mustard-colour hat. Thanks for the wool tips the other day by the way...i think i'm going to order some Cascade 220 yarn, just need to decide on a colour...there are so many to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shannon! :) I particularly like the colour variation in the red hat, I wasn't expecting it!
    Andrea - Thanks :) But oh no!! What a shame :(
    Kat - Thanks :) And you're welcome! It's a lovely yarn, and there are so many lovely colours!! I especially like the heathered ones.
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely hats and yes, the colour of the first one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a knitting genius! I always love everything you've made and it inspires me to learn faster ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg so pretty! It has suddenly turned super cold on the GOld Coast and its meant to be summer. Don't know what's happening but I am definitely in need of a new beanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's winter here, but it's been pretty mild so far. We had a cold snap this past week though. Brr!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful hats, Ashley! I especially like the Rose Gold stitch definition. Wear them in good health!

    Note for Andrea: Sorry to hear of your moth damage. I wash my woolies in Eucalan with either Lavender or Eucalyptus; it repels both fleas and moths. Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Also, thanks the tip about moths. I think my local yarn shop sells it. I'll have to get some when I run out of Soak :)

      Delete
  9. Wow Ashley, the patterns on those hats are just darling! I love the gold one especially, I am in love with that colour at the moment, but cannot find anything in it I would want to wear. Meh! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love the gold too, I've found two dresses in a similar shade but one is on it's way out. And I can't find any fabric in a nice gold/mustard either! Humph.

      Delete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...