Wednesday 3 April 2013

Ebony's project bag

I can't believe it's taken me this long to post these photos! Ebony's birthday was over 2 months ago! I finished the bag just in time in the end. I thought I'd made good time, until I realised I'd sewn the handles on side-ways! I hadn't read the instructions properly, and just 'assumed' I knew what I was doing. HA! I read all instructions very carefully after that.
And it's completely reversible! I have to admit, in the end I prefer the plain side. But mum tells me that Ebony prefers the patchwork side, so that shows how much I know ;) 

I passed on my copy of Knitty Gritty and my first ever pair of knitting needles too. I had intended to post it with some yarn, but the local craft shop was closed on the day I wanted to post it! I ended up ordering some from Deramores, as I've ordered from them before and trusted that it would be delivered on time for her birthday. I chose some bright pink bamboo/acrylic yarn, and some pale pink/lilac yarn with sparkles in it. Perfect for an 8 year old princess-loving girl :)
She loved it all, but it seems she's still struggling with casting off. So I've promised that the next time I see her, I'll make time to show her :)
The pattern is from The Bag Making Bible, and I thoroughly enjoyed making it. The instructions were very good, so make sure you read them! Don't do what I did and 'assume'! I thought the bag was a nice size for a lots of different uses too.
I've only got the hem to do on my Chantilly dress, I just need to stop procrastinating and do it! 

2 comments:

  1. I love that Knitty Gritty Book! I am just waiting for lovely Amazon to deliver part two to me :D

    Delightful bags :D

    Lots of love

    Caffy Bundana
    @ http://www.bundana.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bag. I like the patchwork side too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...